Scholarships are one of the best ways to help fund college. Why? Because they offer you free money that you don’t have to borrow or pay back! What’s the catch? You have to find and apply for the scholarships that you qualify for, and sometimes they’re competitive. But the payoff can be well worth the time and effort.
About $7.4 billion in scholarship money is available to U.S. students each year. That’s a whopping number! Granite Edvance is offering over $500,000 in scholarships for New Hampshire residents attending school in-state or out-of-state. The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation offers scholarships to over 1,600 New Hampshire students each year. You can also apply to a huge range of national scholarships. Just remember to report all scholarships to your school! Private scholarships may affect your eligibility for need-based financial aid.
Granite Edvance is all about helping you find and fund your next chapter. We’ve collected some scholarship options to help you get started – read on to learn more.
Granite Edvance Scholarships
Granite Edvance is proud to offer four types of scholarships each spring to New Hampshire undergraduate students.
Do I qualify?
In order to be eligible for a Granite Edvance Scholarship, you must meet all of these criteria:
- Be a NH resident, though you may attend college out of state
- Be enrolled in college at least half time
- Be a returning undergraduate student (non-freshman) in Fall 2024
- Show financial need
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher when you apply
Please Note: Prior Granite Edvance (formerly NHHEAF) Scholarship recipients are welcome to reapply, but first-time applicants will be given priority.
Which scholarships are available?
We offer the Granite Edvance Scholarship each year. You can apply for multiple scholarship categories, but you’re only eligible to receive one scholarship per year.
- The Granite Edvance Community Service Scholarship: Submit an essay or video showing your commitment to community service through extracurricular activities, employment, volunteer work, etc.
- The Granite Edvance Academic Excellence Scholarship: Submit an essay or video describing your academic accomplishments. GPA is considered strongly for this scholarship.
- The Granite Edvance Leadership Scholarship: Submit an essay or video showing your leadership abilities, or your commitment to developing leadership skills. You can show leadership through your academic program, extracurricular activities, employment, volunteer work, etc.
- The Granite Edvance Opportunity Scholarship: This scholarship is for first-generation college students. Submit an essay or video showing how you have created opportunity for yourself, and what a college education means to you.
When can I apply?
Application for Granite Edvance Scholarships will open in March 2024.
Past Granite Edvance Scholarship Recipients
Learn more about the stories of the 2023 Granite Edvance Scholarship Winners.
Scholarships for NH Students
The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation (NHCF) awards over $8 million in scholarships to NH students each year. Many of these scholarships require you to live in New Hampshire, or even in a specific NH region. This narrows the competition and increases your chances of winning.
You don’t have to go to college in New Hampshire to receive a scholarship, but you do have to be a New Hampshire resident to apply. Each year about 1 in 5 applicants receives a scholarship. NHCF provides scholarships to both four-year degree students and two-year or trade students. Check out the NHCF website for more details and application deadlines.
Look outside New Hampshire to find millions more in scholarships. These scholarships are available to students from all over the country, which lowers your chances of winning. But there’s no limit on how many scholarships you can apply for. So shoot for the stars!
National Scholarship Search Sites
Here are a few scholarship websites that feature nationally available scholarships:
- fastweb.com – free scholarship matching service that offers a database of over $3 billion in national scholarships.
- collegeboard.org – national scholarship search engine that can help you find scholarships and other aid from more than 2,200 programs, totaling nearly $6 billion.
- scholarships.com – database of over 3.5 million national scholarships that provides nearly $19 billion to help students pay for college. Download their app to track scholarships!
- scholarshipowl.com – website that lets you complete one application and matches you to scholarships.
- scholarships360.org – website that provides a select number of high-quality, reputable scholarship opportunities.
- maldef.org – website that provides scholarships for Latinx students and students of different documentation status.
- iefa.org – website that provides scholarship opportunities for international students.